Saturday, January 16, 2010

Adventure and Beauty










I am realizing that I don't enjoy the winter as much as I thought I did. Truth be told, I actually get very nervous about trips like this one that I took recently. Here at camp Bighorn we are in the adventure ministry. We refer to adventure as anything with an unknown outcome. For some reason adventure has been tougher for me lately, and in the midst of it I often strive for control. But I long to let it go... to stop worrying... to rest in the Lord, believing that he is enough for me.











One thing I have found, though, that continues to draw me into adventures, and that is beauty. I love beauty. It draws me in and transports me to a different world. Maybe it's the closest I get here on earth to experiencing eternity. Enjoy these pictures... they are a few of the scenes that captured me up there on Three Lakes Peak, and a few of the things the Lord used to encourage me on the journey.


















































No comments: